A SlotTarget describes how a target item (T) can be reached through
a given output slot of an owner item (O).
The owner can use the SlotTarget object to know
- the target item (e.g. a computer network interface)
- its interface used to reach this item (e.g. a computer network interface)
- the edge, usually an
ILink object (e.g. an IP network for computers)
Two slot targets are considers equal if:
- Both targets are equals according to their
- Both interfaces are equals according to their
- Both links are equals according to their
The definition of equal(Object) is of a crucial importance to allow an
to deal with various types of links. Indeed, the slot selection rely
s that make extensive use of equals method to retrieve content.
Thus, we can use various link implementations to deal with multiple links for
common source and target objects: